Do you begin the year with a list of New Year’s Resolutions? Things you swear you are going to do or not do that will make this year different than all the rest?
And then, just a few weeks into the year, you realize you’ve abandoned your list, slacked off on all of the things you swore would be different this time?
And you feel pretty down on yourself?
Face it, resolutions are a great concept, but they’re usually goal oriented and don’t address HOW to achieve what we want.
Here are some simple suggestions to help you focus more on the HOW of the changes you want to make in your life.
1. Take some time to discover what you really want
2. Be brave and say it out loud
3.Join an online coaching circle
4. Be open to opportunities that may not look like your original vision
5. Do more of what you love
6. Hang out with people you admire
7. Find more balance between your body, mind and spirituality
8. Say NO more often to the things that don’t make your heart sing
9. Say YES more often to what tickles your fancy
10. Imagine yourself already being, doing, having what you desire
Another tactic is to rephrase your resolution.
Instead of lose 20 lbs, how about, make healthier snack choices. This gives you a concrete action step that you can take, a HOW TO for losing weight. It gives you something tangible and real that you can choose to do that supports the results you want.
Every day is a new opportunity to say YES to what we want, what we really want. Every day offers us a chance to choose HOW we can make that possible.
So what do you want to to make happen in your life?
What do you want to manifest in 2013?
I’d love to hear what you’d like to manifest in your life this year. Post your dreams here in the comments and you’ll be doing step #2!
Don’t miss another Heart Sparks! Sign up in the boxes on the right to receive your own copy every Wednesday in your inbox.